Public Works Department
The successful applicant will supervise the operation, staff and materials used in the asphalt plant daily to ensure the effective and efficient management of the plant.
- Supervise the operation of the plant and schedule periodic maintenance of the asphalt plant to ensure the effective and efficient management of the plant.
- Maintain accurate time and attendance record for all assigned staff on a daily basis in order to completed and submit weekly time sheets to the accounts section.
- Ensure effective and efficient use of department resources by maintaining a daily log of material quantities used and produce weekly reports on stock balances for the Supervisor.
- Monitor the asphalt mix to ensure that it meets the established specifications and quality.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
- High School Certificate or its equivalent
- Five (5) years working experience in the field
- Valid BVI driver’s license
- Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of standard practices, tools, equipment and vehicles
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Sound supervisory skills