Close date: 1.6.2018
Public Works Department
The successful applicant will assist with the preparation and completion of job sites in a timely manner in order to maintain an effective and efficient infrastructure in the Territory.
- Assist in preparing job sites, digging holes, mixing concrete, painting speed bumps and sidewalks as well as erecting road traffic signs and mirrors in order to maintain the infrastructure of the Territory.
- Maintain and safe guard all tools used in projects and assist with the periodic inventory of tools in order to facilitate the efficient and effective use of resources.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
- High School Certificate or equivalent
- Valid BVI driver’s licence
- Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Basic time management and organisational skills
- Basic mathematical skills
- Basic oral and written communication skills
- Basic interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team player