1. Ensures the smooth and efficient operation of the department and the supervision of assigned staff.
2. Assists with the administration of human resources functions.
3. Assists in undertaking the functions of the Adina Donovan Home in order to maintain the efficient delivery of services.
4. Assists in managing and training staff assigned to the Adina Donovan Home to ensure their understanding of the functionality of Government and relevant legislation.
5. Assists with the preparation of the Department’s Annual Budget.
6. Assists with the preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for staff.
7. Researches, analyses and prepares reports and provides advice.
8. Deputises in the absence of the Manager.
9. Attends meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to your role.
10. Keeps abreast of developments in the field of quality improvement and quality assurance.
11. Performs any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
§ Bachelor’s degree in Public Health Administration or related field
§ Four (4) years in senior management within the Public Service
§ Registered Nurse
§ Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
§ Excellent knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
§ Good knowledge of Government budget and accounting procedures
§ Excellent knowledge of nursing procedures and practices and their application in caring for the elderly resident.
§ Excellent knowledge of health policy, nursing education and administration.
§ Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and relevant software applications
§ Excellent oral and written communication skills
§ Excellent analytical, negotiating, interpersonal and organisational skills
§ Excellent research and report-writing skills
§ Excellent leadership and management skills
Ability to work well under pressure well under pressure