Close date: 11 March 2019
The successful applicant will maintain burial grounds and documentation relating to burials to ensure smooth running of said grounds and that departmental objectives are met.
- Maintain burial ground to ensure order and appearance is maintained.
- Ensure that all debris and construction materials are removed from the cemetery upon completion of the vaults for all burials.
- Maintain Register of Burials to ensure data is available for inspection at all times.
- Select and permit burial plots to ensure regularity and consistency of burial area.
- To oversee and ensure that the construction of vaults are in accordance with the guidelines provided by the Ministry.
- Unlock and lock cemetery gates to ensure daily access is allowed.
- Ensure sanctity of cemetery is maintained to ensure dignified peace for mourners.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year working experience
- Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures relating to burials
- Basic knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team player