Close date: May 25, 2018
One of our clients is seeking to fill the position of Compliance Officer. The ideal candidate will have responsibility for, among other things instituting and maintaining the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Financing of Terrorism Compliance Programmes in the Islands.
• Regulatory reporting to the relevant authorities
• Develop, initiate, maintain and revise policies and procedures for the operation of the Compliance Program.
• Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; developing / implementing corrective action plans for resolution and providing general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
• Maintain records of training conducted, programmes and participants
• Design and develop risk plans, reporting to senior management on the risk status
• Develop training programmes that seek to ensure that all appropriate employees are knowledgeable of, and comply with regulations.
• Function as key representative / liaison in meetings with state agencies and industry organizations regarding compliance policy
• Protect the company’s interests which may be affected by proposed legislative and/or regulatory issues.
• Report on as directed or requested to keep the senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
• Ensure reporting of potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as required
• Ensure all reports to the regulatory bodies, Financial Investigation Divisions (FID), Central Banks, Law enforcement agencies are submitted on a timely basis
• Respond to government investigations and queries as the principal point of contact in a timely manner
• Assist in the preparation of departmental budget
Required qualification and Experience:
• Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field or an alternate combination of education and experience
• ACAMS or other internationally recognised compliance certification would be an asset
• Have at least 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Compliance Officer
• Have experience in monitoring a compliance programs or working in a regulated environment
• Have a high level of personal initiative, integrity, organizational and time management skills
• Have a keen sense of confidentiality and objectivity
• Have Supervisory or Management training
• Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Have sound decision making and problem solving skills, with a good grasp of operational procedures.
• Have in depth understanding of the financial regulatory environment and the relevant laws and guidelines that governs the British Virgin Islands
• Have excellent knowledge of MS Office suite
BVIslanders and Belongers only need apply.
Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged