Department of Trade, Investment, Promotion and Consumer Affairs
The successful applicant will manage and supervise the Business Development & Investment Divisions and staff and coordinate all activities of these divisions to ensure the business sector’s growth and development remains fair and balanced.
- Manages activities related to Business Development and licensing to include Programme coordination, supervises the Business Licence Division and its staff and related matters.
- Coordinates all activities of the Investment Division to enable internal & external FDIs to include market intelligence and research.
- Monitors the growth and development of the business sector and provides advice to the Director/Minister on measures to maintain and regulate the business environment.
- Ensures that all businesses operate within the provision of relevant policies and legislation including the Trade Policy of the VI and Business Profession and Trade Licences Act (Cap 200) and any other regulation.
- Maintains open lines of communication with other Government agencies to ensure businesses operate within their specific requirements.
- Conduct research and prepare periodic reports.
- Assists with the preparation of the Department’s Annual Budget.
- Assists with the preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for staff.
- Deputises in the absence of the Director of Trade.
- Identify job specific and environmental factors and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimise workplace hazards.
- Performs any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, International Business, International Trade, Public Administration or Organisational Leadership
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in a related area
- Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Expert knowledge of the global trading system
- Excellent knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and relevant computer applications
- Ability to make administrative / procedural decisions and judgments
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills