The successful applicant will provide secretarial and administrative support in an efficient and effective manner to ensure professional customer service is provided to the department and to the public.
1. Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the department through administrative and/or secretarial support.
2. Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute to officers.
3. Provide professional frontline service to clients.
4. Administer and maintain systems and records ensuring the security of data.
5. Coordinate meetings and events, attend, record and report minutes as required.
6. Maintain records relevant to the specific department and also keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
7. Assist with research as required.
8. Draft and type correspondence and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
9. Provide clerical support by completing all photocopying, scanning, binding and typing in a timely manner to facilitate the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
10. Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor or senior officers in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.