Close date: 10 August 2018
The successful applicant will provide assistance to the residents to ensure their wellbeing and the efficiency of daily operations within the Adina Donovan Home for the Elderly.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the assigned area by ensuring the wellbeing of residents by assisting with activities of daily living.
- Report grievances or any matters of concern to the Supervisor in a professional and timely manner to ensure the matter is dealt with efficiently.
- Respond appropriately to residents’ call in a timely and professional manner.
- Prepare residents for in-door or outdoor activities to ensure they are appropriately dressed and ready for the activities.
- Lift and mobilize residents ensuring care is taken at all times.
- Monitor vital signs and response to treatment to ensure their wellbeing.
- Assist with admissions and discharges of residents in an efficient and timely manner.
- Clean and maintain bedside units of assigned residents to ensure hygiene and cleanliness.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School Certificate or equivalent
- Nursing Assistant Course
- Three (3) to five (5) year related experience
- Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of Patient Care and Health and Safety Procedures in a Clinical Environment
- Ability to handle equipment such as wheelchairs, beds and other medical equipment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills