Close date: 1.6.2018
Public Works Department
The successful applicant will operate heavy equipment and maintain equipment in order for works to be completed efficiently and to an acceptable standard.
- Operates and maintains the department’s heavy equipment in order to assist in the day to day running of the department.
- Ensure the safe custody and care of assigned equipment and make daily checks of heavy equipment assigned to ensure effective and efficient use of department resources.
- Transport work crew to and from the job sites daily for effective and efficient operations.
- Assist in collecting and delivering supplies and materials to ensure that works can completed in a timely manner.
- Assist in placing safety signs along roads being repaired as well as keeping the workshop and surrounding area clean in order to protect the health and safety of others.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
- High School Certificate or equivalent
- Five (5) years working experience
- Valid BVI driver’s licence (B/C/D where applicable)
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Ability to safely operate all heavy equipment and trucks
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound interpersonal skills