The Electrical Helper will be assisting in the running of conduit, pulling of wires and general electrical assistance associated with installations and terminations. Must be hard working and able to repeatedly lift 50 pounds or more during a 12-hour shift.
- Thread conduit ends, connect couplings and conduit fittings using wrench, pipe benders and threading tools.
- Use tools such as conduit benders, screwdrivers, pliers, knives, hacksaws, and wire strippers.
- Pull wires and assist in installations/terminations.
- Perform any combination of duties, such as holding materials or tools, carrying supplies to work area, removing scrap, cleaning work area and equipment.
- Maintain a high standard of appearance for yards, grounds and facilities.
- Miscellaneous laborer tasks as assigned.
- Meet team goals.
- Assist others as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- 1 year or more of direct electrical experience preferred.
- Forklift certification preferred.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull 50 pounds or more repeatedly during a 12-hour shift.
- Must be able to work 12 hours or more.
- Must be able to work night shift including day shift (all shifts) as well as holidays and weekends.
- Demonstrated teamwork and can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Candidates must be able to work long hours and all shift schedules that may require up to twelve hours a day, seven days a week for extended durations.
- Must be able to perform work wearing personal protective equipment including but not limited to rain gear, chemical protective clothing, supplied air and air purifying respirators safety harness, FRC coveralls, hard hat, ear plugs and safety glasses, etc.
- Respiratory Protection Fit-Testing and Pulmonary Function Testing is required. Additional medical examinations, such as Fitness for Duty exams may be required per client guidelines.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful.
- Candidates must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs, unassisted.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work may be performed in a noisy environment or adverse conditions when necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, climb stairs and ladders, push and pull items, reach overhead, stoop and squat and perform physical labor-intensive duties when necessary.
Applicants selected will be subject to a background check. The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment, drug and alcohol testing.