The successful applicant will coordinate the day to day operation of the senior citizen program including planning, organizing, implementing and supervising recreation programs for senior citizens in the community.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the programme and the supervision of assigned staff.
- Develop, organise and implement leisure time activities by scheduling events, reserving facilities, arranging for presentations by guest speakers, organizing field trips, etc., which are consistent with the needs and interests of senior citizens within the community.
- Promote programme activities to individuals in the community.
- Identify job specific and environmental factors, develop health and safety policies and mitigate and minimise health hazards to promote health and safety of others.
- Assist with the administration of human resources functions.
- Coordinate meetings and events; attend, record and report on activities as required.
- Maintain records and inventory levels for the programme ensuring supplies are in stock, liaise with local an overseas suppliers and vendors and prepare requisition ensuring accuracy.
- Draft and type correspondence and publications and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy
- Prepare relevant reports on the program and its services
- Maintain records relevant to the programme and keep filing up to do so that complete records are available for reference
- Attend meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to the role.
- Identify job specific and environmental factors and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimise workplace hazards.
- Perform any other duties as required in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Associates Degree in Human Services, Social Work and Recreation Education or related field
- Three (3) years of work experience in education, social work, recreation, health services or a related field
- Valid BVI Driver’s License
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Excellent knowledge of planning, organising and delivery of a recreation program, or elderly services program or senior citizens programme
- Knowledge of gerontology
- Knowledge of CPR and first aid
- Sound project management skills
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure