Close date: 4.5.2018
Roadtown Wholesale Trading Limited, an established Wholesale and Retail Food business within the British Virgin Islands, now has an excellent opportunity for a MEAT CUTTER.
The candidate selected for the post of Meat Cutter will be responsible for all aspects of meat counter operation in a retail environment, including inventory management, cutting, trimming, deboning and packaging meat and seafood products. The Meat Cutter interacts with customers and coworkers to provide efficient and friendly customer service and deliver consistently superior quality meat products.
• Creating, maintaining, and rotating retail counter product displays while ensuring safe food storage.
• Maintaining clean equipment and work areas to prevent meat contamination and uphold health and sanitation standards and regulatory requirements.
• Monitoring, adjusting, and sharpening cutting and grinding equipment.
• Receiving, inspecting, unloading, and safely storing meat products upon delivery.
• Keeping inventory of meat sales, ordering meat supplies to maintain appropriate stock levels.
• Cleans and cuts fish and poultry.
• Shape, lace, and tie meat cuts by hand, using boning knife, skewer, and twine to form roasts.
• Cutting, deboning, trimming, grinding, weighing and packaging meat and seafood products to specification or customers’ requirements using hand tools and power equipment, such as grinder, cubing machine, and power saw.
• Providing courteous, positive, and efficient customer service; responding to customer inquiries appropriately.
• Taking customer orders via phone.
• Must be able to work with a flexible schedule including weekends, early mornings, nights, overnight and public holidays.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ previous relevant experience (meat cutting/butchery in a retail environment).
• Relevant post-secondary certification an asset.
• Excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritize, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Must be able to lift and carry between 25 to 50lbs on a regular basis.
• Ability and skill to operate equipment used in the meat industry.
• Valid food handler’s certificate.
Please submit CV to: [email protected], Subject: Meat Cutter