Oversee the effectiveness of all AML/CFT systems, compliance with applicable AML/CFT legislation and the day-to-day operation of the AML/CFT policies and procedures. Develop and maintain systems and controls (including documented policies and procedures) in line with evolving requirements.
Fulfil the roles of MLRO and AMLCO for the Cayman Islands office with responsibilities covering the law firm and associated companies management firm, as required under Cayman legislation.
Provide Compliance support to the British Virgin Islands (BVI) law firm. Support the Group Head of Compliance in ensuring that all Collas Crill jurisdictions comply with the firm’s
compliance and AML policies and procedures.
• To be the point of contact with the supervisory and other competent authorities, responding promptly to all requests for information;
• To receive internal Suspicious Activity Reports (‘SAR’s) in Cayman, review and externalise to the Financial Reporting Authority (FRA) if appropriate;
• To take responsibility for undertaking the Compliance Monitoring Programmes of Cayman and the BVI;
• To oversee conflict and sanctions checks for Cayman and the BVI;
• To recommend amendments to systems and controls when necessary e.g. an additional Compliance Monitoring Programme test due to a new regulatory requirement;
• To contribute to the reporting of Management Information reporting e.g. to Risk Committee and Strategy Board, attending Risk Committee meetings where applicable;
• The preparation and provision of training as and when required under legislation e.g. Compliance Induction Training, AML and Advanced AML training, training to provide updates on regulatory changes and where training needs are identified from the Compliance Monitoring Programme;
• Ensure periodic audits of the AML/CFT programme;
• Maintain various regulatory logs, as necessary, which should include logs with respect to declined business, PEPs, and requests from competent authorities particularly in relation to investigations;
• The provision of compliance advice as and when required, on application of legal and regulatory requirements as they relate to Anti-Money Laundering, Counter Terrorist Financing, Anti Proliferation Financing and Financial Sanctions regimes;
• To escalate any issues identified to the Group Head of Compliance in a timely manner;
• To assist with the implementation and oversight of Data Protection compliance as
• Literate with a good standard of written English.
• Experience in a senior Compliance Manager / MLRO role for a Cayman Islands or BVI financial services firm.
• Compliance experience, minimum 5 years.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic working environment, without supervision.
• Knowledge of Cayman Islands relevant legislation including AML/CFT Regulations and Guidance Notes.
• Efficient and well organised.