Close date: 1.6.2018
Public Works Department
The successful applicant will install, repair and replace plumbing systems and provide general maintenance.
- Install, repair and replace various plumbing items, systems and fixtures in order to provide comfort, sanitation and safety for users.
- Perform some administrative duties including keeping a daily log of tasks, preparing material and supply lists based on job requirements.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certificate in Plumbing
- Four (4) years’ experience working as a plumber
- Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of standard practices, tools, equipment and methods of trade
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to read building specifications, blueprints and as-builds
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Good time management and organisational skills