Close date: 1.6.2018
Public Works Department
The successful applicant will provide secretarial and administrative support in an efficient and effective manner to ensure a professional customer service is provided the department and to the public.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the department through administration of daily secretarial operations.
- Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute to officers ensuring a timely and adequate flow of information.
- Provide frontline service to clients.
- Administer and maintain systems and records ensuring the security of data.
- Coordinate and attend meetings, record and report minutes as required. Assist with the verbatim transcription of tapes, recordings and dictations when required.
- Maintain records relevant to the specific department and also keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
- Assist with research as required.
- Serve as Secretary on assigned committees.
- Draft and type correspondence and proof-read various documents ensuring accuracy.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Two (2) years’ experience in a related field
- Typing speed 45-60 wpm
- Good Knowledge of Government structure, policies, procedures and applicable laws
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Ability to type 45-60 wpm
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure