About this opportunity
Our client specialises in providing recovery and restructuring services for or to companies registered in the BVI and the Eastern Caribbean. We act for companies, directors, creditors, investors and other stakeholders, and our assignments frequently result in us being appointed liquidators or receivers of distressed companies, often arising from fraud and/or shareholder disputes and normally require multi-jurisdictional asset tracing and litigation.
The Senior Insolvency Manager must have significant prior experience in international, cross-border insolvency and enforcement assignments involving asset tracing and asset recovery. Areas of responsibility are as below.
Case Management and Compliance:
- Taking the lead on complex and challenging assignments
- Working closely with the Partner/Director to develop strategy on cases
- Leading the team to execute the agreed strategy, ensuring that all statutory and internal compliance aspects are adhered to
- Working closely with lawyers and other advisors in the BVI and internationally to develop and deliver asset recovery and litigation actions
- Conducting detailed forensic analysis of bank statements and other financial information
- Undertaking asset tracing and investigations on a global basis, coordinating with legal and other asset tracing advisors in relevant jurisdictions
- Preparing detailed witness statements and affidavits in various jurisdictions, liaising closely with counsel and other advisors as necessary
- Investigating misconduct by company officers and others, including asset dissipation on a global basis by same
- Tracing assets globally, with detailed understanding of investigating antecedent transactions
- Understanding, adhering and implanting new office and departmental procedures and risk management requirements e.g. money laundering, risk management manual
- Working with other members of the team to assist them to understand what is important or urgent, prioritising your workload to ensure case progression and meeting of deadlines
- Managing, inspiring and motivating team members on multiple projects
- Supervising and coaching junior team members, ensuring that they have job briefings and regular review meetings
- Keeping up to date technically and on internal processes in order to carry out the role e.g. attend internal training events such as National Training courses
- Collating and presenting information (verbal and written) internally and externally on formal and marketing matters
- Demonstrating excellent research skills including IT skills and thinks in a logical and structured manner whilst bringing commerciality into analysis and findings in terms of proportionate work and interpretation of findings
Marketing & Business Development:
- Spot and develop new business opportunities with new and existing clients
- Represent the firm in pitch situations
- Cross-sell services offered by other service line and offices of the firm
- Organising marketing events and seminars, as well as presentations both internally and externally in order to promote recovery services
What you’ll need
The following key skills are required:
- At least 10 years’ experience in insolvency and/or global asset-tracing and forensic investigations, with demonstrable experience of the above duties
- A professional accounting designation is preferred but not required
- Ability to present finding from the above in a variety of report formats
- Solid Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
This position is also likely to suit candidates with the job title Senior Insolvency Manager, Senior Corporate Restructuring Manager and Senior Corporate Recovery Manager. Applications are particularly welcome from professionals who have prior working experience in the Caribbean in such jurisdictions as the Cayman Islands, Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands (BVI), Barbados or the Bahamas.
How to apply
- To apply, attach your résumé or include a link to your LinkedIn profile
- If you don’t provide one of the above, we can’t progress your application
In the event that you are not shortlisted for this particular vacancy, your details will be held on file and considered for other relevant opportunities.
Apply on the page here.