The successful applicant will provide counselling and case management services to individuals, families and groups to assist with the reduction of social problems.
1. Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Unit through administration of daily operations and providing a variety of case management functions to assigned clients efficiently.
2. Assist applicants in completing forms and evaluate applicant’s eligibility for departmental services.
3. Assist in planning, coordinating and implementing effective services for assigned caseload.
4. Administer awareness for the Department services, policies and procedures to individuals / organisations who contact the Department for services or inquires to ensure a proper and professional presentation of the Department and its services.
5. Promptly report to the Supervisor any cases in which problems arise or any specialised unusual conditions of clients in a confidential and professional manner.
6. Assist with coordinating educational and recreational activities for the programs under the unit to ensure clients have new focuses and challenges.
7. Attend meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to the role.
8. Maintain records relevant to the specific department and also keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
9. Performs any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.