Close date: 28 May 2018
The successful applicant will provide counselling and case management services to individuals, families and groups to assist with the reduction of social problems.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Unit through administration of daily operations and providing a variety of case management functions to assigned clients efficiently.
- Assist applicants in completing forms and evaluate applicant’s eligibility for departmental services.
- Assist in planning, coordinating and implementing effective services for assigned caseload.
- Administer awareness for the Department services, policies and procedures to individuals / organisations who contact the Department for services or inquires to ensure a proper and professional presentation of the Department and its services.
- Promptly report to the Supervisor any cases in which problems arise or any specialised unusual conditions of clients in a confidential and professional manner.
- Assist with coordinating educational and recreational activities for the programs under the unit to ensure clients have new focuses and challenges.
- Attend meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to the role.
- Maintain records relevant to the specific department and also keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
- Performs any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field
- Three (3) years’ experience in social work or related field
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of relevant laws, policies and regulations
- Sound knowledge of Social Work
- Sound knowledge of relevant and current issues and trends
- Sound knowledge of working with children, elderly or disabled
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and relevant computer applications
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of casework management, concepts and procedures
- Sound interpersonal skills including counselling and interviewing techniques
- Sound analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Sound supervisory and management skills