Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in excerpt
Search in comments
Filter by Custom Post Type

Living in Tortola

AskLiving in Tortola
AvatarBVI Newbie asked 5 years ago


I’m Jamaican, and I am self-employed as independent author. I used to work in Tortola for a couple years. Have been back home for about three years now, and I really, really miss the BVI.

I am writing to find out of there is a way for someone to stay in the country as a self-employed person. Sans work permit?

I was told about CARICOM, but the my knowledge, the BVI is only an associate and not a full member of CARICOM.

Do you know if self-employers who simply love the country can apply for a way to stay there?


AvatarStephen Leslie France replied 5 years ago

Hello Arice,

As far as I know, the ways to live in the BVI are via work permit, trade license, dependency on a partner working here with a permit, property ownership and marriage to a BVIslander.

This could be your way in but I’m not entirely sure it would work well:

Thanks very much for your question

Your Answer

3 + 2 =

Filter by Custom Post Type