Visa Extension

AskCategory: VisitingVisa Extension
Odette asked 6 years ago

Hi there, 
My husband and I are wanting to go to the BVI for a year to assist an in starting a church on the island and assisting with some community work. We are from South Africa and will not be working on the island as we will be working remotely for companies here in South Africa but will also have financial support and accommodation provided to us through the organization.
I can’t find any information about which visa’s we need to apply for or if we should extend our tourist visa every month for a year. 
Would you mind shedding some light on this. 
Thanks ! 

1 Answers
Erin Paviour-Smith (20 comments) answered 6 years ago

Hi there,
Sounds like a noble cause to pursue. In order to open a church, first you will need a valid trade license, then as non-Belongers, you will both need Self-Employed work permits. We included some helpful links below. Also, try using the search bar for more information regarding “Dependents”.
Good Luck!
More about Work Permits and Immigration
More about Self-Employed BVI Work Permits
More about Starting a Business in the BVI