Close date: 31 August 2018
The successful applicant will assist with the management of the functions of the department to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the Adina Donovan Home.
- Ensures the smooth and efficient operation of the department and the supervision of assigned staff.
- Assists with the administration of human resources functions.
- Assists in undertaking the functions of the Adina Donovan Home in order to maintain the efficient delivery of services.
- Assists in managing and training staff assigned to the Adina Donovan Home to ensure their understanding of the functionality of Government and relevant legislation.
- Assists with the preparation of the Department’s Annual Budget.
- Assists with the preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for staff.
- Researches, analyses and prepares reports and provides advice.
- Deputises in the absence of the Manager.
- Attends meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to your role.
- Keeps abreast of developments in the field of quality improvement and quality assurance.
- Performs any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health Administration or related field
- Four (4) years in senior management within the Public Service
- Registered Nurse
- Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of Government budget and accounting procedures
- Excellent knowledge of nursing procedures and practices and their application in caring for the elderly resident.
- Excellent knowledge of health policy, nursing education and administration.
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and relevant software applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, negotiating, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Excellent research and report-writing skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure well under pressure