Close date: 31.5.2018
Adina Donovan Home for the Elderly
The successful applicant will plan and prepare regular meals in order to provide a balanced, nutritious diet for consumers and maintaining the effective management of the kitchen and maintain a clean working and food preparation environment in order to ensure the health and safety of individuals.
- Assist with the planning and preparation of regular and special diets food in order to provide a balanced nutritious meal for consumers.
- Assist with the cleaning, sanitisation and securing of all food equipment, utensils and work areas in order to maintain a well-organised work environment that ensures the health and safety of yourself and others.
- Assist with monitoring inventory and rotate stock in order to manage food stores efficiently.
- Report any faults or incidents to the Supervisor in a timely manner in order to maintain clean, safe and sanitized environment.
- Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School Certificate or equivalent
- One (1) year experience in food service and preparation
- Certified Food Handler
- Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Basic knowledge of food preparation and presentation
- Basic knowledge of operating kitchen equipment
- Basic knowledge of hygiene practices
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team player