Close date: 10 August 2018
The successful applicant will perform cleaning duties throughout the Adina Donovan Home for the Elderly to provide a clean, tidy and sanitized environment on a daily basis.
- Provides a clean and sanitized environment at the Adina Donovan Home for the Elderly on a daily basis by:
- Dusting & polishing all surfaces
- Sweeping/mopping/vacuuming all floors
- Emptying trash bags
- Cleaning windows
- Performs assigned cleaning duties with due regard to Health & Safety procedures and policies, and with responsibility towards staff and the general public.
- Keeps an inventory for cleaning supplies advising when re-ordering is necessary.
- Prepares a requisition of cleaning supplies to be ordered and reports any faults or incidents to the Supervisor in a timely manner in order to maintain clean, safe and sanitized environment.
- Performs any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School Certificate or equivalent
- Minimum one (1) year’s work experience in cleaning/housekeeping
- Good knowledge of cleaning agents and equipment
- Basic knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Basic knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations, Policy and Procedures
- Basic oral, reading and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge and ability in housekeeping, and use of cleaning materials and equipment
- Basic knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision