Conduct and facilitate training including(but not limited to); NCCER, HASC, Heavy Equipment, Hazwoper and additional training programs. Review, evaluate, and analyze work environments and design programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent disease or injury caused by chemical, physical, and biological agents or ergonomic factors.
- Leads the field health and safety efforts for the Company.
- Coordinates safety store operations, logistics and inventory management including the coordination of freight delivery to the store.
- Serves as proctor and instructor for Basic Orientation Plus,NCCER and ACT WorkKeys.
- Instructs respiratory protection and Hazwoper 8-hr, 24-hr and 40-hr training courses.
- Investigates health and safety incidents and determines root cause.
- Prepares management reports and presentations related to safety.
- Assists with computer-based training center administration as needed (back-up role) including proctoring, registering students, and printing identification cards and routing slips.
- Maintains the OSHA 300 injury and illness log.
- Participates in the site Contractor Safety Association (CSA) and leads the weekly field safety meeting.
- Coordinate “right-to-know” programs regarding hazardous chemicals or other substances.
- Maintain inventories of hazardous materials or hazardous wastes, using waste tracking systems to ensure that materials are handled properly.
- Assists with respiratory fit-testing (back-up role).
- Assists with implementation and administration of the Virgin Islands Drug Free Workplace Association (DFWPA).
- Conducts periodic industrial hygiene air and noise monitoring as required to comply with OSHA and Company standards.
- Performs periodic field health and safety audits and inspections and ensures that necessary corrective actions are completed.
- Other Duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent. A college degree is desirable.
- Ten (10) years or more safety and training experience in an industrial environment.
- Proficient skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Hazwoper, NCCER and Heavy Equipment training certifications preferred
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to effectively convey information.
- Ability to learn customer and area-specific requirements and keep up with changes or new procedures.
- Must have very good attention to detail.
- Must be reliable with great work ethic
- Must posess a valid TWIC
- Candidates also must be able to work in confined spaces and be capable of climbing ladders, scaffolds, and working at heights.
- Must be able to perform work wearing personal protective equipment including but not limited to rain gear, chemical protective clothing, supplied air and air purifying respirators, safety harness, FRC coveralls, hard hat, ear plugs and safety glasses, etc.
- Respiratory Protection Fit-Testing and Pulmonary Function Testing is required. Additional medical examinations, such as Fitness for Duty exams may be required.
- Candidates must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs, unassisted.
Applicants selected will be subject to a background investigation. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment, drug and alcohol testing and appropriate medical testing.