Close date: 13 November 2018
The successful applicant will oversee the maintenance work and assist with work as necessary to provide a high quality working environment.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the unit and the supervision of assigned staff.
- Perform some administrative duties including keeping a daily log of tasks, preparing reports, preparing material and supply lists based on job requirements.
- Assist with general repairs, building, installation, moving, and maintenance projects.
- Report mechanical and electrical problems to the supervisor and assist in alleviation of such problems to ensure these are remedied in a timely manner.
- Assist with the coordination of meetings, training sessions and workshops to ensure awareness of policies and procedures.
- Assist with supervising the cleaning of drainage/ghut, cutting of trees/shrubs and debris from roads etc. in order to maintain public areas.
- Assist with supervising the road and bridges maintenance repair crew to help facilitate effective subordinate management.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Five (5) years’ experience in woodwork, carpentry and general building maintenance
- Trained in carpentry/joinery/woodwork
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of standard practices, tools, materials, equipment and methods of the trade
- Sound knowledge of carpentry
- Sound knowledge in general building maintenance
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good oral and written communication