Department of Information and Public Relations
The successful applicant will assist with the management of the Department and Public Relation campaigns to ensure departmental goals and objectives are met in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Department and supervision of assigned staff.
- Perform the human resources functions of the Department.
- Assist the Chief Information Officer in advising on best practices to ensure that public relations campaigns are implemented and executed professionally.
- Design and deliver Public Relations campaigns and activities in support of the Department’s mission and subjects.
- Attend meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to the role
- Prepare relevant reports on activities of the assigned area.
- Assists with the preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for staff.
- Deputise in the absence of the Chief Information Officer.
- Identify job specific and environmental factors and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimise workplace hazards.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communications, Public Relations or related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a related area
- Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of relevant regulations, laws and policies
- Sound knowledge of Mass and Media Communications
- Sound knowledge of the use of computer equipment and relevant computer applications
- Sound knowledge of all media equipment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent supervisory and management skills