About this opportunity
Our client is one of the leaders in providing corporate and fiduciary services to professionals and institutions in the British Virgin Islands is recruiting for a Financial Controller.
You will report to the Board of Directors and will be responsible for the accounting operations of the company, including the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of a system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with international financial reporting standards.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Managing the full range of accounting, financial and risk services required to meet business needs, accounting standards and regulatory obligations
- Maintaining a documented system of accounting policies and procedures and a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Overseeing the operations of the finance department, including the design of an organisational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Ensuring that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner and accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Processing payroll in a timely manner
- Ensuring that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Issuing timely and complete financial statements
- Recommending benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculating and issuing financial and operating metrics
- Managing the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculating variances from the budget and reporting significant issues to management
- Analysing financial models for strategic planning and decision-making process
- Contributing to external reporting by issuing financial statements and analysis
- Providing financial business support to cross functions in order to improve operations
- Supporting short and long-term projects
- Liaising with external auditors
What you’ll need
- The successful candidate must be a qualified accountant (such as ACA/CA, CPA, ACCA)
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in finance or accounting, at least 3 of which have been in a management position
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and reporting required
- Preference will be given to applicants already based in the BVI
How to apply
- To apply, attach your résumé or include a link to your LinkedIn profile
- If you don’t provide one of the above, we can’t progress your application
In the event that you are not shortlisted for this particular vacancy, your details will be held on file and considered for other relevant opportunities.
Apply on the web page here.