The successful applicant will manage and maintain an effective and efficient maintenance and repair programme to ensure the health and safety of others.
- Supervise the unit staff in a professional manner and organize work schedules to ensure tasks are completed in the required time frame and standard.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies in order to complete requisitions of tools and equipment needed to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in completing maintenance and repair tasks.
- Ensure that any electrical, mechanical, plumbing, air conditioning, painting, building and furniture repairs and maintenance works is completed in a timely manner in order to maintain the health and safety of others.
- Coordinate and supervise the work of contracted labour and when necessary provide tools and equipment to ensure that tasks are completed to the required standard and within the timeframe.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Diploma or Certificate in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Five (5) years’ experience in maintenance work with at least two (2) years supervisory experience
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of standard practices, tools, materials, equipment and methods of the trade
- Good supervisory and management skills
- Good analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to read building specifications, blueprints and as-builds
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure