Close date: 11 March 2019
The successful applicant will coordinate the maintenance and repair activities of the incinerator plant to ensure the effective and efficient running of the incinerator plant.
- Assists in scheduling maintenance and repairs for the department’s vehicles and heavy equipment as well as ensuring that work order for plant maintenance or repairs are carried and that completed works are checked and sign offered to ensure that equipment and vehicles remain in good working order.
- Assists with maintaining records and inventory levels for the department ensuring supplies and tools are in stock, liaises with local and overseas suppliers and vendors and prepares requisition ensuring accuracy.
- Provides technical assistance in repairs and maintenance of vehicles and equipment to ensure the effective repair and maintenance of equipment and vehicles.
- Inspects the incinerator plant and equipment daily, issues work order for plant maintenance or repairs and assists in on call emergency maintenance to ensure the effective and efficient continued running of the incinerator plant.
- Attends meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to your role.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- High School Certificate or equivalent
- Certified Plant Operator/Technician
- Seven (7) years in mechanics, hydraulics and electronics
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of incinerator plant operations
- Good knowledge of relevant computer software applications
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Sound interpersonal and organisational skills
- Good supervisory and managerial skills