Brining unmarried Partner in as dependent

AskBrining unmarried Partner in as dependent
Nick Cunha asked 10 years ago

I’ve lived in the Virgin Islands a couple of years on a work permit basis. I would like to now bring my girlfriend here and for her to have dependent status. Immigration have provided me with their standard list of requirements that are needed where you wish to apply to the Chief Immigration Officer. One is a copy of the marriage certificate. We are not married. Does any one have any experience of a similar situation and what to do?

Stephen Leslie France replied 10 years ago


Will post this to our community board as I’m familiar with the marriage procedure but not this.

JoJo replied 10 years ago

make her honest and marry her. anegada is a nice place to get married:)

Stephen Leslie France replied 10 years ago

Hello again,

This was the best answer I received from the BVI Community Board. It certainly sounds like an arduous task, but most administration processes in the BVI have their complications:

“You are going to write a letter to Immigration asking permission to bring the lady. They are going to give you all the forms, medicals, that need to be filled out by a doctor. When you have all that she arrives at the airport with those papers. Then she does the medicals locally and you pay a bond to Immigration for her to stay here. Then of course when she decides to seek employment, another letter has to be written to Immigration to get permission for her status to change. I would like to suggest that you go to Immigration, not the main floor office, upstairs office. Speak to the ladies there and get all the information in detail. First thing is to write that letter getting permission.”

Mary replied 10 years ago

Hi – I’m just wondering did this work? I’m in a similar predicament myself!!!! And would greatly appreciate an update on how you got on? Thanks in advance