Medical Check – Change of Employer

AskMedical Check – Change of Employer
Nick Cunha asked 9 years ago

Hi Judy,

I am currently working the BVI and I intend to change employer. Should I decide to leave the island while my work permit is processed (change of employer), will I be required to undergo medical again? What do I need to present at the airport upon my return so I will be allowed to re-enter?

Thank you.

Lauren Charley replied 9 years ago

Good morning,

You will not be required to undergo medical again.

You will need the same documentation as required if you were renewing your work permit:
-Application for renewal of work permit
-Work permit card
-One passport-sized photo
-Bio page of passport

You will also need a copy of your new employer’s trade license and possibly a Memorandum of Association or Certificate of Incorporation.

Notify the Department of Immigration before you leave and verify the documents you will need upon your return. Be sure to have your passport and work permit.

Hope this helps.