Close date: 11 March 2019
The successful applicant will assist with the management of the functions of the department to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of the Department of Waste Management.
- Ensures the smooth and efficient operation of the department and the supervision of assigned staff.
- Assists with the administration of human resources functions.
- Assists in undertaking the functions of the Department of Waste Management in order to maintain the efficient delivery of services.
- Assists in managing and training staff assigned to the Department of Waste Management to ensure their understanding of the functionality of Government and relevant legislation.
- Assists with the preparation of the Department’s Annual Budget.
- Assists with the preparation and submission of Performance Planning and Appraisal Report for staff.
- Researches, analyses and prepares reports and provides advice.
- Deputises in the absence of the Manager.
- Attends meetings, workshops and training sessions as instructed to ensure awareness of any change in policies or procedures which may be relevant to your role.
- Keeps abreast of developments in the field of quality improvement and quality assurance.
- Identify job specific and environmental factors and develop, where applicable, implement and promote the health and safety policies. Mitigate and minimise workplace hazards.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Manages your own resources and professional development
- Provides leadership in area of responsibility
- Develops the trust and support of colleagues, stakeholders and line managers
- Leads, plans and implements change
- Obtains information for decision making
- Provides information and advice to others
- Assesses and develops the performance of team and individuals
- Ensures health and safety requirements are met in the area