Close date: 13 November 2018
The successful applicant will supervise the staff in the Building Maintenance section and to maintain all Government Buildings to ensure the department meets its objectives in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the unit and the supervision of assigned staff.
- Assist other Ministries and Departments with repairs and maintenance upon request.
- Maintain records and inventory levels for the department ensuring supplies are in stock, liaise with local and overseas suppliers and vendors and prepare requisition ensuring accuracy.
- Inspect projects to ensure that work is carried out according to specification and ensure to wear safety equipment to mitigate the chance of accidents occurring.
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Seven (7) years working experience in building construction or related field
- Good knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of building construction
- Sound knowledge in building maintenance method
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team player
- Good supervisory skills