Civil Registry and Passport Office
The successful applicant will assist with frontline and clerical duties to ensure professional customer service is provided to the Department and to the public at all times.
- Answer, screen and transfer calls appropriately, record messages and distribute them to officers to ensure a timely and adequate flow of information.
- Perform clerical and data entry functions.
- Update and maintain information on computer systems, databases and spread sheets and in archives.
- Assist in processing paperwork, gathering information and verifying data.
- Greet and assist visitors and clients in a friendly and professional manner to facilitate effective communication and customer service.
- Ensure that all correspondence is collected, delivered and recorded appropriately to facilitate effective information flow.
- Assist with the filing of correspondence to keep filing up to date so that complete records are available for reference.
- Assist with the preparation of meetings and presentation materials.
- Assist with maintenance of minor office equipment to ensure a well-functioning work environment.
- Provide clerical support by completing all photocopying, scanning, binding and typing in a timely manner to facilitate the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
- Assist with records management, organisation and retrieval of documents.
- Accept revenue and issue official receipts to customers.
- Assist with the reconciliation of daily revenue for submission to the bank, prepare reports to the Treasury Department for verification and assist with bank deports as required.
14. Assist with issuing Emergency Travel documents as required.
15. Assist with the processing of belonger cards as required.
16. Perform any other related duties as required by the Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the Ministry/Department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three(3) years working experience
- Valid BVI driver’s licence, if applicable
- Sound knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment
- Working knowledge of relevant computer software applications
- Sound knowledge of general office procedures
- Sound time management and organizational skills
- Sound oral and written communication skills
- Sound interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team player