Close date: 6 December 2018
The successful applicant will assist with the Ministry’s administrative, public relations and media related functions to ensure its efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain, manage and oversee inventory, records and systems.
- Assist in the planning and execution of the Ministry’s work.
- Provide administrative and specialised support to management and organise events.
- Research, analyse and prepare reports and advice.
- Prepare correspondences and annual and monthly reports to ensure accurate dissemination of information.
- Assist with drafting speeches and messages.
- Liaise with the graphics and production team at the Department of Information and Public Relations to ensure video and image communications are of high quality.
- Assist with improving on Government’s reputation and broadening its online presence across social sites by:
a. Serving as the primary advocate and driver of all social media initiative
b. Developing the content for Government’s social media strategy across various social media platforms in conjunction with the Director of Communications.
c. Liaising with the contents team in responding to questions and comments from the public.
d. Liaising with public relations team to distribute relevant Government news via blogs, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and Twitter Accounts.
e. Analysing market and identifying opportunities for direct information approach, using social/media tools.
f. Researching/monitoring and analysing social media communities, industry trends and data, and marketing trends to inform Government social media marketing strategy.
g. Recommending technological improvements for software to allow for greater presence of government across social sites.
- Monitor social media commentaries and inform the Director of Communications so that internal collaboration across ministries can take place to ensure that critical issues are handled in a timely and professional manner
- Perform any other related duties as required by Supervisor or any other senior officer in order to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, English Literature, History, Political Science, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field
- Three (3) to five (5) years related experience
- Excellent knowledge of Government structure, policies and procedures
- Sound knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and policies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of the use of standard office equipment and computer applications
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Excellent research skills