Self employed work permit

AskSelf employed work permit
Nick Cunha asked 8 years ago

Hi, I’m pretty well advanced with my work permit however my partner is showing an interest in coming out for a month to see what she thinks of the islands in terms of perhaps settling. My question is whilst she is here on a tourist visa could she apply for a self employed trade license and also get a work permit or would she need to leave the BVI whilst her application is processed? Thanks in advance!

Lauren Charley replied 8 years ago

Good afternoon Sunny,

Please be aware that your partner can not come here with the intention of seeking. She may come as a tourist, but then once she does decide this is the place for her, she will need to leave the island while waiting for a permit.

Partners are allowed to come as dependants, but you will need to provide proof that you can financially support the both of you.