student entry permission

Askstudent entry permission
Nick Cunha asked 8 years ago

Hi, i would like to know to get a student entry permission. I’m from Curacao (dutch caribbean) and I’m planning on attending H. Lavity Stoutt Community College. I would also want to know if i could work. I hope to hear an answer soon. Thanks in advance.

Lauren Charley replied 8 years ago

Good afternoon,

You must first apply to the school and be accepted for your program, then the permit process will begin.

The Registrar and Director of Enrolment Management at HLSCC kindly provided me with the answer for your second question:

It appears as if the person would be coming into the Territory on a student visa which according to the Immigration Department does not allow the student to work unless it is an internship related to the College or to work on Campus. The student would have to apply to the Immigration Department for permission to work outside of the areas outlined. This cannot be done in the first semester of attendance and is not guaranteed in subsequent semesters.

For further questions you can contact the college directly at 284-852-7247.