Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in excerpt
Search in comments
Filter by Custom Post Type

Work Permit Transfers

By: Nick Cunha | Last Updated: July 12, 2017

I am text block. Click edit button to change this text. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.

Like working in your own country, when you work in a foreign country the unexpected can happen.

Insert your content here

When it does, rest assured the BVI Labour department does a good job looking after all BVI residents. 

Enter the work permit transfer.

If you’re working for a local company and at some point are laid off or made redundant, there is a good chance that the Labour Department will allow you some time to seek another job in the territory. The most common length of time offered is 3 months, but this time can vary if your immigration status is set to expire before then. Usually, you can request an extension from BVI Immigration.

There is also the possibility that once you start a job, you get offered another position somewhere else, or maybe something doesn’t work out . . . for whatever reason. If your current employer allows it, they can approve a work permit transfer to a new job.

If you’re changing jobs, all of the aforementioned applicable work permit documents and information are required, plus the release letter from your former employer, an updated immigration stamp allowing you to extend your time in the BVI whilst the permit is being processed, your letter of resignation from your former employer, and your work permit card.

If the employer is a new company or individual, you must produce a copy of their trade licence. Also, a Memorandum of Association or Certificate of Incorporation may be required.

You will need to notify Immigration of the end of your employment and provide evidence of the new offer of employment. You will normally have to leave island whilst the new work permit is being processed and provide evidence of this to the Department of Immigration in order for the new permit to be processed. Once the new permit is approved, you will be allowed to re-enter the BVI.

Filter by Custom Post Type